I’ve absolutely loved creating Christmas recipes the last few weeks. It’s amazing how a pinch of spice and a novelty Christmas shape can change a recipe into the cutest, yummiest, festive treat! I’ve been experimenting with Mince Pie Porridge (Christmas Day breakfast sorted) and Vegan Christmas Tree Chocolates using the cutest silicon Christmas tree mould! They’re the perfect no-fuss, festive and delicious Christmas recipes.
However, trying to make the perfect gluten free cookie texture has always been a mission of mine. They need to stay together well and not crumble as soon as you pick them up; taste sweet but not sickly and be incredibly moreish. This time round I think I’ve finally cracked it! Maybe Santa can have a healthy cookie as his Christmas Eve treat – ho ho ho!
These Christmas cookies are;
The perfect texture
Sweet, nutty and moreish
The ideal tea-dunking cookie
Full of cranberries and white chocolate chips
Vegan, gluten and dairy free
- 1 cup GF oat flour (120g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (120g)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey/maple/agave (80ml)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (45g)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (35g)
- Preheat your oven to 170C/325F/gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add all ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) to a food processor and process until everything starts to combine.
- Slowly add in the chocolate chips. You don’t want to chop them, only incorporate them into the mix.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray, making sure there’s enough space between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 13mins, or until they’re golden.
- Leave to cool fully before eating, then enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…