IT’S NEW YEARS EVE!
How is 2017 nearly over? I’ve had the craziest year, making some big life decisions which I don’t regret one bit.
I decided to leave my job/house in London and move home
I created this blog 9 months ago when I was pretty lonely living in London – best decision I ever made!
After only having my blog for 5 months I was shortlisted for the HBC ‘Best New Blog’ award
I started a new job in Digital PR which I absolutely love
I bought my first car
and most recently I got a fringe! However that’s not quite a big life decision…
Moving on to the main event and what I’ll be snacking on tonight for NYE – SALTED CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES. These little bites of deliciousness are the perfect blend of sweet and salty, with the most heavenly date caramel/peanut butter centre. They do take a little while to make as you have let each stage set in the fridge – but if you make the date caramel now you’ll have it ready in time for celebrations tonight!
- 1 cup medjool dates (150g)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bar 60% dark chocolate (200g)
- Salt to sprinkle on top
- Place the de-stoned dates, peanut butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract into a food processor and blend until smooth and a ball has formed.
- Scoop the date mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Next, roll a tbsp of the date mix into balls.
- Melt your chocolate on the hob until silky smooth, then one at a time coat the date balls in the chocolate. Place onto a plate/baking tray and repeat with the remaining date balls.
- Sprinkle salt over the chocolate balls and place in the fridge to set.
It’s funny how so much can change in a year. Tonight I’ll be celebrating everything I accomplished over the last 12 months, as well as welcoming what I’m sure will be many new adventures, life lessons and twists and turns that 2018 has to offer!
P.S. if you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later…