Chocolate, ginger and pear are three of my all time favourite flavours. They’re so wintery and comforting, and perfect in this porridge recipe. You may remember my chocolate and pear baked porridge which I made last year – this is a very similar recipe but has the addition of ginger which adds a little spice to the bowl. Baked porridge is the perfect excuse to have cake for breakfast (honestly it’s so similar!) but if you’re looking for the perfect, creamy consistency then stove-top porridge is your answer.
The chocolate addition to this bowl is the most delicious nut butter from Pip & Nut – their chocolate, coconut and hazelnut butter is gluten free and vegan, so therefore is the perfect nut butter for everyone! Plus it’s absolutely delicious, so I’m sure it’ll be a favourite all round! Nut butter in general is a match made in heaven for porridge – you can stir it into your oats in the cooking process or simply drizzle it over for a finishing touch (or both, I won’t judge…)
This porridge bowl is
Warming, cosy and comforting
Full of delicious ginger spice
Perfect for keeping you full until lunchtime
Simple to make – will be ready in under 10mins
Topped with delicious sliced pear
and drizzled with the most decadent chocolate nut butter
I would eat this breakfast on a cold, blustery Sunday morning – preferably whilst still in bed and covered in blankets!
- 1/2 cup GF oats (50g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (125ml)
- 1/2 cup water (125ml)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 ripe pear
- 1 tbsp Pip & Nut Chocolate, Coconut and Hazelnut Butter
- Cinnamon Granola
- Pour the water and milk into a small saucepan, transfer to the hob and allow to boil.
- While this is boiling, mash your banana in a bowl then add in your oats, ginger and sweetener.
- Turn the heat down as soon as the liquid has boiled and add your oats etc to the pan, stirring together until everything is fully mixed. Heat on a low temperature for a few minutes and continue to stir. This will start to thicken up.
- Turn the heat off when you have a creamy consistency and transfer to a bowl. Top with the sliced pear, a drizzle of chocolate nut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon granola – enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later…