Banana bread is one of the most underrated baked goods. It’s the perfect breakfast, dessert or snack, can be eaten straight away or toasted, and uses up all your brown, speckled bananas! I sometimes feel a bit sorry for the humble banana. I’m the type of person who likes them overly ripe (mainly because I use them mashed into my morning porridge or smoothies) so rather than chucking out leftover bananas, I always make banana bread. However, it always seems to be an after-thought, as opposed to actively buying more bananas and planning to make the bread!
This bread is one of those yummy, comforting loafs that you can eat slice after slice. Chocolate chips are perfectly acceptable in this recipe, but I prefer chunks as you get a big hit of chocolate in each mouthful! The same goes for the cinnamon, if you’re a cinnamon spice fanatic, then by all means add in more! I love having this bread loaded with crunchy peanut butter as a snack, but if you fancy it in the morning keep scrolling down to find my favourite breakfast banana bread recipe!
- 1 & 1/2 cup ground almonds (180g)
- 1 cup GF oat flour (120g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas (400g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60ml)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, cut into chunks (100g)
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F/gas mark 4 and line a loaf tine with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients (ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon). Set aside.
- Add the eggs and 3 bananas to your blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl (separate from the dry mix) and stir in the remaining wet ingredients – vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until fully combined. Stir in your chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf tin and top with the remaining banana, cut in half lengthways.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool fully before cutting into slices. Store in an air tight container.
If you’re looking for a indulgent way to have banana bread for breakfast – why not try making the recipe below?
2 slices of banana bread, toasted
Chocolate hazelnut butter
It’s SERIOUSLY good!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later…