Before I start talking about this yummy recipe, I’m feeling pretty deflated this morning and need a bit of a rant.
Firstly, I woke up with a nasty headache right behind my eyes – not what I wanted on a Sunday morning. I’ve spent the last couple of hours moping around, waiting for it to pass which thankfully it seems to have done! Secondly, having had this recipe ready to post for the last couple of days, I logged on to my blog this morning to find out that the lengthy post I wrote on Friday didn’t actually save. Queue me feeling angry, sad and fed up with this Sunday so far. I’m now hastily typing up this post so I can share this yummy recipe with you all, although I apologise if it’s a little shorter than normal!
Why is it when one thing goes wrong, it seems to have a knock on effect for everything else? Sunday, please don’t make a third bad thing happen today…
Let’s swiftly move on to talking about these yummy salted caramel chocolate cups. Last week I started my first mini blog series which focusses on how to make healthy food cupboard staples – the first recipe being a delicious salted date caramel. Simple to make but with the most decadent flavour, you can use it as a nut butter replacement, pair it with banana to create a delicious banoffee flavour and use it as the main ingredient in these yummy chocolate cups!
I’ve been on a bit of a salted caramel hype at the moment. After discovering Green & Black’s Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate at the end of last year, I seriously can’t get enough of it! There’s at least two bars stocked in my snack cupboard at all times (there’s no way I’m running out of this beautiful choc) and I won’t be getting tired of the flavour anytime soon. It’s been the inspiration behind my last couple of salted caramel recipes and I’m sure it’ll be inspiring many future recipes on my blog!
These salted caramel chocolate cups are
made with only 3 ingredients
the perfect sweet vs salty balance
crunchy on the outside
soft & gooey in the centre
ready in under an hour
perfect for keeping in your fridge
the most delicious chocolate snack!
Makes 9 cups
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (360g)
- 1/2 cup salted date caramel (140g)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate chips on a bain-marie or in a microwave (just make sure it doesn’t burn) until silky smooth.
- Spoon 1 tsp of melted chocolate into the bottom of each case. Place in the freezer for 10 mins to set.
- Spoon 1 tsp of date caramel on top of the chocolate base, using a spoon to smooth the mixture to the edges. Pour over the remaining melted chocolate, until the caramel layer is covered.
- Sprinkle sea salt over each chocolate cup and place back in the freezer to fully set – around 20 mins.
- Store in the fridge.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…