With only three ingredients, this peanut butter banana snack is an incredibly simple recipe but so delicious! I saw a similar banana bites recipe on Instagram the other day and knew I needed to try them out for myself. Creating simple, easy to follow recipes is really important to me, as I know that everyone is busy and there’s very little time for extravagant bakes!
My kind of snack is grabbing a spoon and a tub of peanut butter, but that doesn’t really class as a recipe so I can’t blog about it…unless I made the nut butter myself, which in that case you’ll definitely hear me rambling on! For me snacks should be simple, tasty and require minimal effort.
These peanut butter banana bites only require 3 ingredients;
Bananas – my absolutely favourite fruit and probably the ingredient used in most of my breakfast recipes. Banana’s are a great source of fibre and contain almost no fat, making them the perfect ingredient for this delicious snack.
Peanut butter – oh beloved peanut butter, you work with pretty much every type of flavour combination! From PB & Jam, chocolate & peanut butter and my personal favourite, salted caramel and peanut butter – it’s pure heaven every single time.
Melted dark chocolate – the perfect way to finish off this delicious snack. Use any chocolate you like – milk, dark, sea salt, salted caramel (yes!). Why not use up any leftover Easter egg chocolate instead?
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (130g)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, I use 70% (90g)
- Shredded coconut
- Dried raspberries
- Cacao nibs
- Place greaseproof paper on a baking tray, set aside.
- Slices bananas into 1/2inch thick rounds and lay out on the baking tray.
- Spoon 1 tsp peanut butter* onto half of the banana slices, then top with the another slice.
- Place in the freezer for 30-60mins.
- Over a bain-marie, melt the chocolate until silky smooth.
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and dip half the bites into the melted chocolate, then sprinkle over your toppings. Place back on the greaseproof paper and freeze for an additional hour.
- Store in the freeze for up to two weeks. Take out of the the freezer to thaw before eating.
* I put my peanut butter in fridge overnight to firm it up. This makes it much easier to spoon onto the banana slices and stops the peanut butter running down the sides. It not necessary for the recipe but it does help!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later