It’s been two weeks since I’ve posted on this blog, and I have to say it’s been lovely having a break! I’ve had a lot on mind the last couple of weeks, and something has to give in order for me to not completely melt down with stress. In this case, it was my recipe creation that needed to be put on hold in order for me to get through…sorry blog! However I’m back with more ideas, passion and creativity to continue this blog into the summer months, kicking off with this new recipe for cinnamon & almond butter doughnuts – they’re seriously delish!
After seeing so many foodie bloggers make yummy doughnuts, I’ve been dying to get my hands on a silicone doughnut mould and get my baking bum in gear. As per with most amateur bakers, the first batch were a complete disaster! They didn’t rise, were far too dry (that may have been because I majorly over baked them, whoops) and went straight into the bin. Thankfully the second batch were just perfect. These gluten free doughnuts have a soft texture, without being crumbly and have the most delicious nutty, cinnamon spiced flavour. You need to make them yourselves to really understand…
Makes 12-14 donuts
- 1 & 3/4 cups GF oat flour (210g)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds (30g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (75g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, dairy free if needed (125ml)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180c/160 fan and spray a doughnut mould with oil (I use a 6 cavity silicone doughnut mould)
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl (oat flour to cinnamon), making sure there’s no lumps.
- Whisk the vanilla extract, milk and egg in a separate bowl, then stir in the almond butter until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry and stir until everything is fully combined – the mixture will be quite thick.
- Spoon around 1 tbsp of mixture into your prepared doughnut moulds, then bake for 10 mins. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Best eaten on the same day – enjoy!
In other exciting news, I’ve been shortlisted for the Health Bloggers Community Bake Off! Please please please vote for my yummy gluten free brownies via the link below – if I’m through to the final I’ll make each and every one of you a batch of delicious gluten free goodies!
Pin this recipe for later