Baked porridge has always been one of my favourite breakfasts. Ever since I started getting into healthier eating around 4 years ago, baked porridge was my go-to weekend breakfast because it tasted just like cake! It was a lightbulb moment when I realised healthy eating might not be so bad after all.
Fast forward 4 years – baked porridge is still one of my favourite breakfasts and something I always want friends/family to try if they’re unsure about eating healthy. It’s incredibly versatile and I’m never bored or stuck on what flavour combos to try – pretty much anything can work!
As for this recipe, I’ve been loving figs this Autumn (I’d never tried them before) and baked porridge seemed like the perfect base for the delicious fruit. I posted this yummy baked porridge on my Instagram a couple of weeks ago and after receiving a few messages asking for the recipe, I thought I’d finally share it with you lovely people!
- 1/2 cup GF oats (50g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (120ml)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 fresh fig, cut into slices
- handful of blueberries
- 10 hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 180C/365F/gas mark 4.
- Stir the oats, milk, maple, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl and pour into a small oven safe dish.
- Place the sliced figs, blueberries and hazelnuts on top of your porridge, pushing them slighting into the mix.
- Bake in the oven for 18mins – once cooked you can transfer into a bowl or eat straight out of the dish (recommended!) Be careful with the dish as it’ll be extremely hot!
One thought on “Blueberry & Fig Baked Porridge”
YES YES AND YES! I’m so stubborn and repetitive with breakfasts but I think this is now my new go to. So yummy! Thank you