Easter has always been one of my absolute favourite holidays (aside from Christmas of course). I love that there’s four blissful days off work, we always have family over for a delicious Sunday roast and we usually have two desserts – this year being a orange polenta cake and lemon curd meringue. However, I somehow still manage to eat a whole Easter egg in one sitting…
Like most weekends, on a Sunday morning I will decide which ‘extra special’ breakfast I would like to eat that day. The debate is usually between fluffy gluten free pancakes or crispy waffles, but recently I’ve been swayed by the option of French Toast. I have a little confession about this…up until a couple of months ago, I didn’t realise that French Toast was actually the sweet version of ‘eggy bread’. As a child we had eggy bread most weekends, served with a big dollop of tomato ketchup. It was such a simple breakfast (way before my porridge days) and the golden brown crusted toast was such a delicious treat.
This was my first time making French Toast and I have to say my savoury ‘eggy bread’ days are over! This recipe is very simple (as most of my recipes ares) and only takes 5 mins to create golden delicious toast. As usual, I went to town on the toppings, making an easy raspberry compote, drizzling over my favourite chocolate coconut hazelnut butter and finishing with fresh raspberries on top. Chocolate and raspberries are one of my favourite flavour combinations and they work perfectly with the simplicity of this toast recipe.
This Simple Gluten Free French Toast is
Sweet and delicious
Perfect for Sunday Brunch
& So so yummy
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk, dairy free if needed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl, then pour into a shallow container or casserole dish.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non stick pan, over a medium heat.
- Dip the bread into the egg mix, one slice at a time, making sure it’s covered on both sides.
- Fry the slices until golden brown, then flip to cook on the other side.
- Repeat for the remaining slices of bread – adding more coconut oil when needed.
- Serve with chocolate hazelnut butter and raspberries.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later