Recently, I’ve been obsessed with making raspberry chia jam. It’s the EASIEST recipe, has only 3 ingredients and tastes delicious every single time. I made a batch of chia jam a few of weeks ago for my Mother’s Day cheesecake bowl recipe, and since then I’ve been making it on repeat!
This recipe stems from my all time love of granola (who doesn’t love granola?) and my blogging philosophy of healthy, no fuss recipes that are simple to re-create. I don’t have time to spend hours and hours creating the perfect frosting and fillings for each gluten free bake, and I’m sure you don’t either! This cookie takes 10 mins to throw together, has the perfect chewy texture from the oats and a sweet fruity element from the jam, making them little bites of cookie heaven!
These cookies are the perfect
Afternoon Tea accompaniment
Sweet treat with a cup of tea
100g GF oats
60g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
80ml honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp raspberry chia jam
Melted dark chocolate to drizzle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180c/160 fan and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Start by mashing the banana in a large bowl, then add in the oats, ground almonds and cinnamon and mix everything together.
- On the hob, melt the coconut oil and honey until silky smooth. Pour this mixture into the bowl of oats and stir everything together until fully mixed.
- Scoop up 1 tbsp of mixture and form a cookie shape in your hands – the mixture will be quite wet still. Place on your baking tray and create a hole with your thumb.
- Repeat for the remaining cookie mixture, then spoon in a small amount of the raspberry jam into each hole.
- Bake in the oven for 12 mins or until golden.
- Leave to fully cool, before drizzling with the melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!