These waffles have been a go to recipe of mine for over a year now. I originally had this recipe on my blog as Banana Waffles with Blueberry Compote, and thought the recipe/imagery needed a bit of an update. However I do have this post bookmarked on my phone, and I can’t tell you how many delicious waffles I’ve made over the last year! I’ve tweaked the ingredient quantities from the old waffle recipe and added a little bit of maca powder for a slight caramel flavour, although this can easily be left out if you don’t have any.
This recipe is gluten free (of course) and can be made dairy free by using plant based milk, meaning it’s suitable for nearly everyone. The waffles have a deliciously sweet, nutty flavour with the most perfect crispy outside, plus they take less than 10 mins to throw together and then you’re ready to load up with toppings and off you go! Toppings are 100% necessary on all breakfast food, especially waffles. You may be able to tell from my collapsed yoghurt and raspberry puddle that I like my toppings!
100g GF oats
1 ripe banana
180ml milk, dairy free if needed
1 tsp honey, maple syrup or agave
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp maca powder (optional)
Chocolate peanut butter
- Start by preheating your waffle iron to the required temperature.
- Add all the ingredients for the waffle mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray the heated waffle iron with your chosen cooking spray and pour on half the batter, spreading the mixture into each corner.
- Close the lid and cook for around 5-6mins or until the waffle is golden and crisp, then transfer to your plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Finish off your waffle stack with the delicious toppings (or any alternatives you like) and enjoy!