Say hello to my new favourite granola, with yummy crunchy clusters and the most delicious peanut butter flavour, it’s got to be my favourite granola recipe yet!
Since coming back from Turkey, I’ve been in that weird post-holiday stage, where I haven’t had chance to batch cook any of my favourite foods yet. I think getting back into the swing of normal life (ie a full time job) is really important for me when I come back from holiday. I like my routine, so having two weeks away in a country where eating out isn’t the easiest task can take a tole on my mental and physical wellbeing, therefore getting back in to a routine is pretty important! However, this has meant my usually ever-present granola has been absent in my cupboard – cue sad face.
This granola creates the most beautiful clusters, thanks to the star ingredient of nut butter which features in this recipe. I’ve used peanut butter as it’s cheap and easy to find in the shops (plus it tastes aaaamazing), but any type of nut butter would work!
100g GF oats
75g whole almonds
50g pecans, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
130g + 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
170g honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150 Fan/325F.
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, then stir in the remaining wet ingredients until fully mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix – the peanut butter mixture will be quite thick, so keep stirring until there are no dry oats/nuts left.
- Split the granola between two baking trays, making sure they’re evenly spread out and bake in the oven for 25-30mins, stirring every 5-10mins. If you think they’re colouring to early, turn the oven temperature down slightly.
- Leave to cool fully before storing in a jar/airtight container.
- Enjoy with yoghurt and berries, sprinkled on top of porridge or simply served on its own with milk!