Autumn is in full swing at the Oat So Delicious household and today it’s time to make chai latte granola. My woody, spiced candles are burning continuously, it’s officially cosy jumper season and it’s now socially acceptable to consume numerous cups of chai lattes!
Cosy porridge bowls have become my breakfast of choice pretty much every single morning over the last couple of weeks. However, the one element I can never leave out on these breakfast bowls is a huge serving of yummy granola! Firstly, who doesn’t want a crunchy texture to contrast against the creamy oats? Secondly, the variety of flavours you can add to granola is amazing! I personally love anything chocolatey when it comes to breakfast (who doesn’t), but currently chai latte granola is my number one choice.
Flavoured with the delicious spices of chai – cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice, this granola is so moreish and delicious, you’ll be adding it to every breakfast. I love serving this chai latte granola with a creamy bowl of cinnamon oats, yoghurt and peanut butter or simply served on its own with milk. The addition of pecans creates the most delicious nutty flavour, as well as adding a crunchy element to the recipe.
Why not try my other autumnal granola recipes?
200g GF oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
25g shredded coconut
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp coconut oil
120ml honey or maple syrup if vegan
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150 Fan/325F
- Place the dry ingredients (oats to nutmeg) in a large bowl and mix together.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan until melted, then add in the honey until everything had dissolved and the mixture is silky smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes together until everything is coated in the spice mix.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray as evenly as possible. Pop into the middle of the oven and bake for 35mins, stirring the mixture every 5-10mins.
- Remove the granola from the oven and leave to fully cool. Store in an airtight container.