Autumn is in full swing at the Oat So Delicious household. My woody, spiced candles are burning continuously, it’s officially cosy jumper season and it’s now socially acceptable to consume numerous cups of chai lattes (not that it stopped me over the summer…)
Cosy porridge bowls have become my breakfast of choice pretty much every single morning over the last couple of weeks, but the one element I can never leave out on these breakfast bowls is a huge serving of yummy granola! Firstly, who doesn’t want a crunchy texture to contrast against the creamy oats? Secondly, the variety of flavours you can add to granola is amazing! I personally love anything chocolatey when it comes to breakfast (who doesn’t), but as it is autumn, chai latte granola has to be my number one choice.
Flavoured with the delicious spices of chai – cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice, this granola is so moreish and delicious, you’ll be adding it to every breakfast. I love serving this granola with a creamy bowl of cinnamon oats, yoghurt and peanut butter (pictured below) or simply served on its own with milk. The addition of pecans creates the most delicious nutty flavour, as well as adding a crunchy element to the recipe.
Why not try my other autumnal granola recipes?
- 2 cups GF oats (200g)
- 1 cup pecans (150g)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (25g)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup if vegan (120ml)
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150 Fan/325F
- Place the dry ingredients (oats to nutmeg) in a large bowl and mix together.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan until melted, then add in the honey until everything had dissolved and the mixture is silky smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes together until everything is coated in the spice mix.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray as evenly as possible. Pop into the middle of the oven and bake for 35mins, stirring the mixture every 5-10mins.
- Remove the granola from the oven and leave to fully cool. Store in an airtight container.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later