Weekends are made for relaxing, spending time with friends and family and eating delicious stacks of gluten-free pancakes and waffles! I might not always have time to make a decadent brunch for my family (porridge is the usual brekkie in my house) however if I’m hosting brunch for family/friends, waffles are my go-to breakfast food of choice. They’re ridiculously easy to prepare and only take 3-4 min to cook, so even if you’re preparing brunch for multiple people, it won’t take long for everyone to be served.
I like to set up my breakfast table with little bowls full of delicious toppings like granola, nuts/seeds, peanut butter, yoghurt and fruit, so everyone can pick and choose their toppings. I will 99% of the time choose yoghurt, banana and peanut butter, but it’s fun to see what everyone else picks!
These gluten-free waffles are a spin on my simple oat waffle recipe, with the addition of delicious coconut yoghurt. I love the flavour combination of chocolate and coconut, as the subtle coconut flavour balances out the rich, decadent chocolate, resulting in the most delicious flavour. If you don’t have coconut yoghurt in your fridge, greek/natural yoghurt will work fine!
- 1 cup GF oats (100g)
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (120g)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, dairy-free if needed (60ml)
- 1 tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp smashed raspberries
- Sprinkle of granola
- Start by preheating your waffle iron to the required temperature.
- Add all the ingredients for the waffle mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray the heated waffle iron with your chosen cooking spray and pour a couple of tbsp in the middle of each tray.
- Close the lid and cook for around 3-4mins or until the waffle is crisp, then transfer to your plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- While these are cooking, mix together the remaining coconut yoghurt with the smashed raspberries.
- Stack the waffles on your plate, pour over the pink yoghurt and top with a sprinkle of your favourite granola.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later