With just under two weeks to go until Christmas Day (wahoo), I thought it was time to share the recipe for this super festive and delicious Christmas spiced granola. I have to say, gluten-free granola is probably my all time favourite thing to make (I never buy shop bought GF granola) – it’s ridiculously easy to make, you can choose any flavour combination and ultimately it’s much healthier than the pre-made versions!
I love baking a big batch of granola every month or so to have as a quick and easy healthy breakfast or to sprinkle on top of my cosy porridge bowls – I really can’t recommend homemade granola enough!
This Christmas granola is full of nutty, spiced clusters which are perfect for the chilly winter mornings we have at the moment. Whether you have this with porridge, yoghurt, smoothie bowls or simply on its own with milk – it will add a bit of festive cheer to your morning breakfast!
250g GF oats
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
zest from a whole orange
50g shredded coconut
50g pumpkin seeds
30g dried cranberries
4 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp fresh orange juice
120ml honey or maple syrup if vegan
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150 Fan/325F
- Place the dry ingredients (oats to orange zest) in a large bowl and mix together.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan until melted, then add in the honey and fresh orange juice until everything had dissolved and the mixture is silky smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes together until everything is coated.
- Spread the mixture on two baking trays as evenly as possible. Pop into the middle of the oven and bake for 35mins, stirring the mixture every 5-10mins.
- Remove the granola from the oven and leave to fully cool.
- Once cooled, add in the shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container