Who’s ready for another gluten free cookie recipe?
It’s been way too long since I’ve made a big batch of cookies and it’s time that changed! I’ve decided the best way to make it through this miserable month is having a huge mug of tea in one hand, and a plate of yummy cookies in the other – who’s with me?
Last weekend I was really craving a soft and chewy cookie filled with delicious melted chocolate, so rather than do the easy option and buy an overpriced pack from the supermarket, I made my own! These gluten free oat cookies are filled with delicious dark choc chips and juicy raspberries, creating the perfect bitter/sweet flavour combination.
A little tip for making these cookies – don’t roll the balls too big as they expand quite a lot. Although, if you want ginormous cookies then, by all means, go ahead! I would suggest rolling just under one tbsp of cookie mixture into a ball, which will create the perfect size. If you do decide to make them bigger (not judging), remember the cooking times will vary and you may end up with a slightly softer cookie on the inside. I would add 2-3 mins onto the baking time to allow the cookie to cook all the way through.
150g GF rolled oats
120g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
100g coconut oil, melted
75g coconut sugar
60g dark chocolate chips
95g frozen raspberries, broken apart
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 fan/350F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds, rolled oats and baking powder – set aside.
- Next, use an electric mixer to beat together the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and honey beat again until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet and gently stir until everything is fully combined. Then slowly fold in the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries.
- Roll just under 1 tbsp of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray, making sure there’s enough space between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15mins, or until they’re golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully before eating – enjoy!