Say hello to my new shiny website and a brand new #ToastTuesday appropriate post: my gluten free PB&J toast!
I’ve been working non-stop over the last two weeks to get this website up and running and I can finally breathe a little. You’ll find all the same content as before, but I now have a few new snazzy features;
- I’ll be sending a monthly newsletter (no daily spam, promise) which you can sign up at the bottom of this post. They’ll also be an exclusive breakfast recipe in my welcome email if that’s your kinda thing!
- Each post will now have a recipe card which you can print. I always find printable recipes handy so I don’t have to keep going back to my laptop to read the next step!
- All my ingredient measurements are now in grams/ml as opposed to cups – not a feature as such but still an update.
I really hope you love the new design and I can’t wait to start making more recipes again!
Kicking off the new Oat So Delicious era with this yummy PB&J toast, inspired of course by the American favourite; peanut butter and jelly (jam to any British folk). A very simple breakfast once the prep has been done and one you can have on repeat each morning.
These staple ingredients can always be found in my kitchen. Whether I have my peanut butter drizzled over gluten free porridge or my raspberry chia jam served with yoghurt and granola. They’re so versatile and a pretty easy to way to achieve a fancier breakfast!
There are three components to this PB&J Toast;
Gluten Free Toast: my favourite has to be Warburton’s gluten free tiger bread (used in this recipe). However, any gluten free bread will work! I also use toaster bags to avoid cross-contamination, as I share my kitchen with my non-gluten free family.
Raspberry Chia Jam: This has to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. Simply pop your raspberries in a pan with some honey and a small amount of water, heat and add the chia seeds. These magical seeds will gel the mixture together to create a more traditional jam consistency. Plus it tastes delicious without all the sugar!
Homemade Peanut Butter: Making my own homemade nut butter is something I would do on a weekly basis if I had the time. It’s much more cost effective than buying a jar in the supermarket and you know exactly what ingredients have gone into it – in this case only one!
225g blanched peanuts
250g raspberries, fresh or thawed frozen
3 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave
2 thickly sliced gluten free bread
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160 fan
- Place the peanuts on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 15 mins or until they’re warm to touch – this will help them release their oils when blended.
- Place the roasted peanuts in a strong food processor with a pinch of salt and blend until you have a smooth and creamy consistency – around 10mins.
- Set aside.
Raspberry Chia Jam
- Add the raspberries and honey to a small pan and heat on a medium temperature until the berries start to break down – then add 1 tbsp water.
- As you stir, mash the raspberries with a fork to completely break them up.
- Stir in the chia seeds + the last tbsp of water and heat for another 5 mins until it starts to thicken.
- Pour into a jar but leave the top off so it can fully cool – the mixture will thicken as it completely cools.
- Place your slices of toast in your toaster or toast bags* until golden.
- Once toasted, thickly spread your homemade peanut butter and top with the raspberry chia jam. Sprinkle over leftover roasted peanuts and fresh raspberries.