To help curb my very apparent nut butter obsession, I’ve updated these yummy peanut butter & raspberry blondies for you lovely lot.
Before I start rambling on about this delicious recipe, I need to give a little shout out to the humble blondie. In my opinion, they don’t get enough credit. I understand brownies are gooey, chocolatey goodness (all hail the brownie). However, blondies can take on more flavours and are much lighter in texture and therefore still deserve a mention.
I’ll never say no to a gluten free brownie, but I’m also here to represent the less-appreciated baked goods out there!
Ok, blondie appreciation moment over, now I can get back to the task at hand. I always find that the start of September causes a big divide in people. You have those who are holding on to light and fresh summery flavours, and those who have been planning an autumnal home and life refresh since mid-August (that’ll be me).
It can be confusing in the seasonal change over. Do you keep eating yummy smoothie bowls and overnight oats for breakfast? Or does the transition to porridge and stodgy food happen immediately? There’s already a big push on autumnal fashion, interiors and of course food, but are we all ready to make the transition yet?
I have to admit, both my pumpkin spice candle and cosy jumpers are back on the scene. However, I’m not quite ready to let go of my berries just yet!
That’s why these peanut butter & raspberry blondies are the perfect in-between-seasons treat. The main ingredients to this recipe are:
Ground almonds – creating a light and fluffy texture, which is perfect for the base.
Peanut butter and cinnamon – bringing a comforting depth of flavour, whilst also helping create the perfect gooey centre.
Raspberries – adding a fresh and sweet element to the recipe, creating the grown up ‘PB&J’ moment that we all love.
In conclusion, they’re extremely moreish and didn’t last long in my house!
180g ground almonds
60g GF oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp runny peanut butter
65g coconut oil, melted
60ml maple syrup
75g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C/365F/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth. Add in the eggs and maple syrup and mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together then slowly fold into the wet mixture, making sure everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tray, making sure it’s an even layer. Mash the raspberries in a bowl, then swirl on top of the batter using a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, or until a knife comes out clean. Let them cool for at least 10 mins before drizzling over extra peanut butter and cutting into the squares.