With the mornings turning chilly, it’s time to load your breakfast bowls with warming, spiced toppings. Whether I’m having a cosy bowl of porridge or a stack of gluten free pancakes, my go-to topping is always crunchy granola. Which is why this spiced gluten free orange and cardamom granola is perfect for these autumn mornings!
Lightly spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and allspice, this granola has the perfect balance of warming flavours without being too overpowering. A sprinkle of orange zest adds to the comforting vibe of this bowl, whilst hinting at festive flavours to come. Do I dare mention the C word yet?
GLUTEN FREE SPICED GRANOLA
I’ve made a lot of unique flavoured granola over the last couple of years. However, I rarely find myself reaching for the oaty clusters as a snack. Perfect to eat by the handful (literally), this gluten free orange and cardamom granola is so tasty you won’t be able to stop at just eating it for breakfast!
Serve simply with milk and fresh fruit (pictured below) or go to town with an autumnal breakfast of dreams! Why not sprinkle a handful of granola over your morning porridge, or save it for a stack of pancakes/waffles as a weekend treat. Either way, I hope you enjoy these autumnal flavours as much as I do!
Looking for more gluten free granola recipes?
200g GF oats
150g cashew nuts
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut sugar
40g flaked almonds
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice
zest from a whole orange
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
2 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150 Fan/325F.
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl, making sure the spices are covering each ingredient.
- Next, melt the coconut oil in a pan, then stir in the remaining wet ingredients until fully mixed.
- Add the wet to the dry mix – the almond butter will be quite thick, so keep stirring until there are no dry oats/nuts left.
- Split the granola between two baking trays, making sure they’re evenly spread out and bake in the oven for 25 mins, stirring every 10mins. If you think they’re colouring too early, turn the oven temperature down slightly.
- Leave to cool fully before storing in a jar/airtight container.