5 DAY COUNTDOWN GUYS!
I’ve been so prepared this year – every present is bought, wrapped and ready to go under the tree. All GF food for Christmas day/Boxing day has been bought and been eyed up by me most days! What I’m actually excited to eat the most is the gluten free chocolate Daim cake – for some reason I’ve never tried it before!
Throughout the majority of December, I’ve been recipe testing the yummiest Christmas breakfast ideas! I love experimenting with recipes on my blog, but my Instagram (@oatsodelicious) is where you’ll find daily breakfast inspiration. As you can imagine, I pretty much live off porridge, pancakes and waffles. Which brings me on to this delicious recipe.
These waffles are made with pumpkin puree as a wintery addition, and they’re so yummy! I’ve also added cinnamon, ginger and allspice to my waffle mix, but you can go as crazy as you like with the spices (I’m thinking pumpkin pie spice to tie in with the puree as my next experiment).
- 1 cup GF oats (100g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (60g)
- 1 egg OR 1 flax egg*
- 1/2 cup almond milk (120ml)
- 2 tbsp date nectar
*to make a flax egg mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp water – then leave to sit for 5 mins. This will form a gloopy mixture which you can then use in the recipe.
- Preheat waffle iron to required temperature.
- Add all the ingredients for the waffle batter (minus the date nectar) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray the heated waffle iron with your chosen cooking spray and poor the batter into the tray, spreading the mixture into each corner. Close the lid and cook for around 3mins or until the waffles are golden and crisp, then transfer to your plate.
- Drizzle over the date nectar and tuck in!
If you’re planning Christmas Day breakfast for your family this year, why not take a look at my favourite Chrimbo recipes below for inspiration.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…