The weather has turned so cold the last few weeks, how did we have such good weather in October but awful in November! It’s been so sad seeing the sky turn dark at 4.30pm – although I am excited for cosy nights in front of the fire, and dare I say it…CHRISTMAS! Only 7 weeks left guys!
These mini blackberry and pear crumbles are perfect for this cold, wintery weather – they’re so warming from the sweet fruit and crunchy cinnamon spiced crumble topping. Serving it in little ramekins is optional (but cute) – it will however work in a large dish if that’s easier. As long as it’s served with half a bowl of custard, you’re good to go!
- 4 pears, peeled and cubed (700g)
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries (216g)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup GF oats (50g)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (60g)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (50g)
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 3tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 170C/325F/gas mark 3.
- Place the pears in a pan, add the coconut sugar and cook on a medium heat for around 10mins, or until the fruit starts to soften. Add the blackberries and bring to the boil, then take off the heat.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into 4 overproof ramekins, or one large baking dish.
- Mix the oats, ground almonds, chopped pecans, cinnamon and butter together in a large bowl, using your hands to break up the butter. Once everything is fully mixed spread the crumble mixture over the warm fruit, making sure there’s an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25mins, or 40mins if using a large dish – then let it cool for 10mins before serving. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…