100g GF oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for frying
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 red apple, cut into cubes
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients for the pancake mix in a blender until smooth. Set aside for 10mins to firm up.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped apple, spices, maple syrup and coconut oil to a pan and heat on a low temperature.
- Keep stirring to make sure the apples are coated evenly in the spices. After 5-10mins they should have soften and started to caramelise. Turn off the heat while you cook the pancakes.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil in a frying pan and spoon 1-2 tbsp of pancake mix into the pan.
- Fry for 2-3mins on either side, or until they have small air holes and have started to colour. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Stack your pancakes on top of each other, then finish with the spiced apples and extra maple syrup – enjoy!
Read the full post – Cinnamon Maple Pancakes with Spiced Apples