Who’s counting down the weekends until Christmas? I’m almost getting excited for Christmas, but trying to restrain myself! However, we all know that once the lights are switched on and Bublé is on the radio it’s go go go Christmas spirit!
As the weather’s getting colder outside I’ve been loving spiced baked goods recently. I absolutely love creating flavoured bread, but I really don’t make them enough! Banana bread is probably the flavour that comes to mind (unless you’re that person who doesn’t like bananas…) but playing around with new flavours is great fun! This spiced pear and date loaf is perfect for autumn – the baked pear turns sweet and juicy in the oven and the addition of dates means you don’t need to add much other sweetener! Ground almonds are one of my favourite gluten free flours to bake with – it’s so versatile and has a subtle nutty taste which I think works well with many different recipes.
Step away from the banana bread and give this spiced pear loaf a try – I promise you won’t regret it!
- 2 cups ground almonds (240g)
- 1/2 cup GF oat flour (60g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup dates, chopped (150g)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- Preheat your oven to 180C/365F/gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Start by mixing all the dry ingredients together (ground almonds to dates), making sure everything is mixed and there aren’t any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (eggs, maple and coconut oil). Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently stir everything together – you don’t want to knock the air out!
- Pour the mixture into your loaf tin, making sure it’s an even layer. Place your sliced pear along the centre of the tin and sprinkle the coconut sugar over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45mins – once a knife comes out clean it’s good to take out!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…