These double chocolate granola bars are the perfect snack. They’re crunchy, VERY chocolatey, but not sickly sweet (meaning you can eat more!) I like to keep them in the fridge to have as a mid-afternoon treat with a cup of tea, or after dinner if I’m craving chocolate. The addition of ginger is just to add another level of flavour – it won’t make it spicy but it helps bring out the lovely chocolate taste. However you could always add more ginger if you want a more intense flavour!
All I want to make at the moment is chocolate recipes! Chocolate is obviously acceptable all year round, but there’s something about the comforting taste of it in colder months. Who can refuse TRIPLE CHOCOLATE granola bars anyway? I’m afraid you’re just going to have to try them for yourselves and see – I promise they’re seriously good!
These bars are SUPER chocolatey.
TRIPLE chocolate to be exact.
They have a slight warming hint of ginger.
They’re full of yummy chunks of hazelnuts.
They only require 9 ingredients.
They can be kept in the fridge.
They’re overall pretty great.
- 1 1/2 cup GF oats (180g)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped (35g)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (45g)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 100g chocolate, 70%
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C/365F/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the oats, cocoa, hazelnuts and ginger in a bowl.
- Next, mix the maple and almond butter into the melted coconut, making sure it’s smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the oat mixture, stirring everything together so it’s fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking tray, pressing it into the corners. Smooth down the top so there’s an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20min.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan until silky smooth.
- Once the granola bars are out the oven, let them cool slightly, then pour the melted chocolate on top. Pop in the freezer to set, then cut into bars.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
Pin this recipe for later…