It’s a pretty bold statement, saying something is ‘THE BEST’ right?
I was determined this month to create a gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe that was simple to make, had ingredients you’d find in your every day (healthy) pantry and ultimately be a dessert you could whip up at any moment.
For me, it always seems to be brownies that I crave at sudden notice. Blondies are delicious and caramel truffles are the perfect quick snack, but if I’m having a bad day, or just want to eat something warm and delicious it’ll always be the brownie that comes out on top! When I get these cravings the first thing I’ll search for in google is ‘healthy gluten free brownie’. However, all I seem to find are brownies made predominately with mashed sweet potato or 2 cups of almond butter. Yes, they may create a delicious, soft and gooey brownie, but realistically I don’t want to spend my time steaming potatoes or using £4 worth of nut butter in one batch!
I wanted natural ingredients which (most of the time) I have in my cupboard/pantry and aren’t extortionate in price. So when I can’t find a recipe I want to make via a search on the internet, it’s time to get my bum in gear and create the recipe myself.
These brownies are squidgy, intensely chocolatey and – dare I say it – moist! Using melted chocolate as the main ingredient is the key to getting the perfect gooey texture. I use 70% as I absolutely love dark chocolate, but 50-60% will still have the depth of flavour! The dry ingredients in this recipe are my ever-faithful ground almonds and a little bit of cocoa powder to intensify the yummy chocolate flavour!
This recipe took under 10mins to prep and 30mins to bake – that’s a batch of brownies ready in 40mins guys! Served with silky smooth chocolate sauce and a spoonful of coconut ice-cream, this is the perfect no-fuss, chocoholics dessert.
These gluten-free brownies are
Full of delicious, nutty ingredients
Ready in 40mins
& are the perfect quick dessert
115g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
100g coconut oil
60ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g coconut sugar
120g ground almonds
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
50g coconut oil
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 180C/325F/gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Start by melting the chocolate and coconut oil on the hob, stirring together until it’s silky smooth.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, then add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour in the melted chocolate/coconut oil and mix everything together.
- Pour in the coconut sugar and stir into the wet mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl mix together your dry ingredients (ground almonds, cocoa powder & baking powder). Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into your baking tray and bake in the oven for 30-35mins, or until a wooden skewer comes out with a few crumbs still attached.
- While these are baking you can make the chocolate sauce – simply melt the coconut oil on the hob, then stir in the remaining ingredients until smooth and silky. Set aside.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and leave to cool. Cut into slices and serve with the melted chocolate sauce.