2 x 400g black beans in water – drained, rinsed and completely dried
2 very ripe bananas
100g GF oats
4 tbsp coconut sugar
6 tbsp cocoa powder
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
6 tbsp honey/maple syrup
2 tbsp milk, dairy free if needed
90g dark chocolate chips
75g dark chocolate (70%)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1.5 tsp honey/maple syrup
1 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas mark 4 and line a 20×20 baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor (minus the chocolate chips) and blend until smooth. Then stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake for 15-20mins and leave to completely cool before cutting into squares.
- Whilst these are cooking, you can make the chocolate sauce.
- Melt the chocolate on a medium heat over a bain marie, then stir in the coconut oil, honey/maple syrup and almond butter.
- Stir together until everything has fully melted and combined. Remove from the heat and leave to sit whilst the brownies cook.
- Once the brownies are out of the oven, fully cooled and cut into slices* you can then pour over the rich chocolate sauce – enjoy!
Read the full post – Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies