It’s a pretty bold statement, saying something is ‘THE BEST’ right?
I was determined this month to create a gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe that was simple to make, had ingredients you’d find in your everyday (healthy) pantry and ultimately be a dessert you could whip up at any moment. For me, it always seems to be brownies that I crave at sudden notice. Blondies are delicious and caramel truffles are the perfect quick snack, but if I’m having a bad day, or just want to eat something warm and delicious it’ll always be the brownie that comes out on top! When I get these cravings the first thing I’ll search for in google is ‘healthy gluten free brownie’. However, all I seem to find are brownies made predominately with mashed sweet potato or 2 cups of almond butter. Yes they may create a delicious, soft and gooey brownie, but realistically I don’t want to spend my time steaming potatoes or using £4 worth of nut butter in one batch!
I wanted natural ingredients which (most of the time) I have in my cupboard/pantry and aren’t extortionate in price. So when I can’t find a recipe I want to make via a search on the internet, it’s time to get my bum in gear and create the recipe myself.
These brownies are squidgy, intensely chocolatey and – dare I say it – moist! Using melted chocolate as the main ingredient is the key to getting the perfect gooey texture. I use 70% as I absolutely love dark chocolate, but 50-60% will still have the depth of flavour! The dry ingredients in this recipe are my ever-faithful ground almonds and a little bit of cocoa powder to intensify the yummy chocolate flavour!
This recipe took under 10mins to prep and 30mins to bake – that’s a batch of brownies ready in 40mins guys! Served with silky smooth chocolate sauce and a spoonful of coconut ice-cream, this is the perfect no-fuss, chocoholics dessert.
These gluten-free brownies are
Full of delicious, nutty ingredients
Ready in 40mins
& are the perfect quick dessert
Makes 12 slices
- 1 bar 70% dark chocolate, chopped (115g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (100g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (75g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (120g)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (50g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (50g)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 180C/325F/gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Start by melting the chocolate and coconut oil on the hob, stirring together until it’s silky smooth.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, then add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour in the melted chocolate/coconut oil and mix everything together.
- Pour in the coconut sugar and stir into the wet mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl mix together your dry ingredients (ground almonds, cocoa powder & baking powder). Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into your baking tray and bake in the oven for 30-35mins, or until a wooden skewer comes out with a few crumbs still attached.
- While these are baking you can make the chocolate sauce – simply melt the coconut oil on the hob, then stir in the remaining ingredients until smooth and silky. Set aside.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and leave to cool. Cut into slices and serve with the melted chocolate sauce.
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!Pin this recipe for later…