Yep, nothing can really get better than chocolate gingerbread at Christmas.
I made this bread on a bit of a whim and as I’ve had the worst cold this week, I fully expected it not to turn out that great. But boy was I wrong! This is the most decadent tasting bread – so chocolatey and rich with a lovely hint of spice from the ginger. It’s such a simple recipe – just add everything to a food processor, pour into your loaf tin and bake for 40mins.
I’ve added crystallised ginger on top which is completely optional. If you want even more of a ginger kick you could also incorporate it into the mixture before it goes in the oven. I love having gingerbread as an afternoon snack, or even for a decadent breakfast with some coconut yogurt and chopped pecans – yum!
I hope you lOVE this recipe! It’s
Full of warming ginger spice
Crispy on the outside
& soft in the middle
SO simple to make
& perfect for CHRISTMAS!
- 2 cups ground almonds (240g)
- 1/2 cup GF oat flour (60g)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (150g)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses/black treacle
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/365F/gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Start by adding all the dry ingredients to a food processor (ground almonds to cinnamon) and process until everything has broken down and fully mixed
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (eggs, molasses, coconut oil and milk). Next, pour the wet ingredients into the food processor and gently process until everything is full combined.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf tin, making sure it’s an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45mins – once a knife comes out clean it’s good to take out.
- I drizzled my with date nectar and chopped crystallised ginger, but that’s completely optional!
If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @oatsodelicious or #oatsodelicious so I can see your wonderful creations!
If you like this recipe, then why not try my Spiced Pear and Date Loaf?Pin this recipe for later…