I’m a firm believer that healthy food should be quick, easy and taste delicious. Whether that’s a fresh bowl of salad, a yummy stack of blueberry pancakes or a simple snack like crunchy chocolate & peanut butter doughnuts. Healthy food doesn’t have to include expensive and inaccessible ingredients, they should be ones you can find conveniently, as you’ll be much more likely to make your own healthy snacks if you can easily find the ingredients!
Today I’m sharing one of the simplest recipes I’ve ever created, but don’t worry – they final outcome is just as delicious! These are my new favourite snack: crunchy chocolate & peanut butter doughnuts. They’re a similar concept to the chocolate nest cakes you make at Easter, however I’ve made mine a little fancier with a drizzle of peanut butter!
I always find creating recipes in November a little bit frustrating. We’re on our way out of autumn, but it’s still a little too early for Christmas recipes – so I’m stuck between seasons! I feel like I’m ready to embrace the festivities and go full Christmas crazy, but as it’s only the 21st November I’m trying very hard to restrain myself.
Give it a couple of weeks and it’ll be socially acceptable to enjoy Christmas, both with the recipes I’m going to share and decorations I’ll put up around the house! This will be my second year of Christmas recipes on Oat So Delicious so I’m hoping there will be lots of yummy things for you to make! If you’d like me to make any specific Christmas recipes, pop a message in the comments or head on over to my Instagram page (where I’m most active) and send me a message!
125g 70% dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
40g GF puffed rice
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pan, stirring continuously so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Stir in the puffed rice until they’re fully coated in the chocolate mixture, then add a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle a bit of peanut butter to the bottom of your doughnut moulds (I use silicone moulds), then add a couple of spoons of chocolate/rice mix on top.
- Spread evenly and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight) until the chocolate has set.
- Take out of the freezer and remove from the moulds – enjoy immediately.
- Store in the fridge.